A centre bringing together researchers and practitioners in the field to promote exchanges between government modelers (primarily from the Ministry of Finance - MFQ, but also from other ministries or organizations such as the Institut de la statistique du Québec - ISQ), CIRANO and others, with a view to enabling researchers to better understand the needs of the government and users of government models to identify which models (existing or to be developed) would meet their needs:
- Take stock and assess the strengths and limitations of existing models, both in government, CIRANO and others;
- Monitor best practices in international modelling;
- Support the government to help it make its modeling choices (model types, programming language, etc.) according to its specific needs;
- Promote the transfer of modelling expertise to government personnel;
- Support the continuous improvement of existing models;
- Develop new models for the Government and/or CIRANO.