The last few decades have seen an increase in the concentration of firms within many industries, and stagnant wage growth for many workers. The panel discussed questions like:
- Does firm size affect wages ?
- Has increasing concentration of firms contributed to stagnant wage growth ?
- What are possible worker responses ?
- Is there a role for unions ?
- Have these trends changed after the Covid pandemic ?
Markus Poschke (Economics, McGill University, CIRANO & CIREQ), Barry Eidlin (Sociology, McGill University & CIREQ) and Baris Kaymak (Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland & CIREQ) organized at CIREQ the Virtual Roundtable -Cross-Disciplinary Perspectives on Inequality, which took place on 16 November 2023, from 12:00 to 13:30.
This virtual event is free and is open to anyone interested in the topic.
→ For more detail, check the event page.