Systemness is a term increasingly used to describe the desired future state of complex healthcare delivery systems — delivering patient-focused, seamless and high-quality care across the many parts of the system to maximize value for patients. It is about healthcare that is connected, smart, aware and adaptive to patient needs.
Systemness, and the move to the highest level of performance of integrated delivery, means developing a continuum of care, in an effective synergistic care delivery model, which maximizes customer value and addresses proactively the health of populations.
This shift is happening around the world with the consolidation of health care and the social services and the emergence of Integrated Delivery Networks. Hospitals are becoming holistic networks that collaborate with community-based, empowered institutions to keep communities healthy.
Patient-centered networks are being successfully implemented the world over rendering obsolete institution-based visions of the healthcare system.
What has worked in other jurisdictions? What are the lessons for building high-performance health and social services management networks? What are the benefits that have been demonstrated? How could such a model apply to the Quebec reality?
Confirmed speakers included:
- Dr. G. Ross Baker, Institute of Health Policy Management and Evaluation
- Roxane Borgès Da Silva, Assistant professor, Faculty of Nursing, Université de Montréal and CIRANO
- Rick D’Aquila, President of Yale New Haven Hospital and Yale New Haven Health System
- Dr. Jean-Louis Denis, Professor of health policy and management at the School of Public Health, Université de Montréal, senior scientist on health system and innovation at the Research Center of the CHUM and Canada Research Chair on Governance and Transformation in Health Care Organizations and Systems
- Dr. Jim Peake, Senior Vice-President, CGI Federal
Click here to view the agenda.
Center for Interuniversity Research and Analysis of Organizations
1130 rue Sherbrooke Ouest, suite 1400
Montréal, Québec (Canada) H3A 2M8
© 2017 CIRANO. All rights reserved.